Sorry this has taken so long...

I wrote this piece when I was in a very dark mood... a local teenager who had been missing for 2 weeks had just been found murdered and it just capped off an already depressing week. But anyway...

Annie- You're so right! Sometimes there's nothing anyone can do, but I can just see Clark obsessing over the ones he couldn't/didn't save.

Laura- Being a superhero definitely isn't all wine and roses. The powers would be cool, but I think you'd have to be a very strong person to cope- and I don't mean just physically strong.

Virginia- Uh, thanks blush

RJS- It's not necessarily guilt that he's feeling, but more despair that no matter what he does, he can't save everyone. Yes, by the time the shots had been fired it was too late for him (or anyone else) to do anything, but that's never stopped Clark from being depressed about something like this before. I can think of two examples off the top of my head... Dr Platt's death in the Pilot, and the drive-by shooting in Neverending Battle.

Morgana- I like your take on the founding of Utopia smile

Thanks everyone for taking the time to read and comment on this smile

"It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating."- Simon Pegg