Thank you, thank you, thank you, Wendy, Irene, Pam, mymy, Meni, Saskia, Kaethel, Loriel, LabRat, Anna, Laura, Betsy, Merry and Elle. Wow, I am shocked that so many people liked my story - especially because I thought it was really bad and was really scared to post it laugh .

A lot of you know that I was really leery about posting this story. I didn't think it was very good - actually, I though it was really bad and I was going to scrap it. So thank you to everyone on IRC that reminded me of the rules about withholding fanfic. My first time on IRC and I learned the hard way about telling people that I wrote something wink .

mymy, Lois didn't die. It was actually another family that Clark didn't know that reminded Clark that it could have been Lois that he couldn't save. She is okay safe and sound at home (ps. mymy, do you still need any help with your matlab project? I have time to help now if you still need it).

Betsy said:
It's a situation many folks face every day, as you very rightly point out. Every doctor, nurse, fireman, cop, etc is a superman in his or her own way.
Exactly. You phrased that better than I ever could smile . I can't take credit for this thought, though - it was Kaethel's suggestion smile .

- Alicia smile1

Laura "The Yellow Dart" U. (Alicia U. on the archive)

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." -- Christopher Reeve