Hi Lynn!

"Jonathan, did you see that? Something just landed in Shuster's Field."
So, origin story? (says the reader while reading this on a mobile phone without scrollbars to indicate this is a really short one…)

"I didn't see anything; I was watching the road. It was probably just a vulture or something."
Wouldn’t that be unfortunate, them driving on and then some other guy finding the little bundle of havoc?
TRASK: wave

"No, Jonathan. It was a bright light. Pull over. I'd like a closer look."
No one ever told her to not go and seek out the bright light?

As they peered in, they could discern a small, tan figure with elongated digits. In a high but raspy voice it croaked, "Phone home."
Oops?

(Sorry, I couldn't resist. /writer feigns innocence/)
Right.

Originally Posted by VirginiaR
I read it to my daughter (10) who has seen E.T. As she's only seen it once, sadly she didn't catch the reference to "Phone Home" and didn't get the joke. Alas, stories like this work better if the joke doesn't have to be explained. Another loss to the generational divide.
Funny thing: I saw Airplane II – The Sequel before E.T.:

The sequel to this story could include the landing of ALF in Shuster's field. Seems that that field is galactically famous.
rotflol It’s like the Inn at the Crossroads! hyper

What a fun little bundle of joy!
wave Michael

P.S.: Sorry if the FDK got longer than the story blush My bad...

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.