What a sweet WAFFy ending to such a romantic tale. I'm glad Clark is finally able to live again... without regrets... without hiding his full self. Lauren may not be exactly like Lois but she's able to push Clark into action as Lois used to do.

I, too, liked how Clark slowly realizes that his affection for Lauren is for her alone, because she ISN'T Lois in so many ways.

Clark pulled his hand away suddenly, as if burned, although that was not physically possible. He should have seen this coming when she'd tried to kiss him. But the kiss itself had come as such a surprise. He'd never suspected that Lauren had a romantic interest in him. She was always so vibrant and full of energy - not counting any moments of grief, which were now less frequent than they had been. She'd never shown any signs of nervousness, or flirtation. Nothing which would have clued him in to this scenario. She'd been the perfect 'friend'.
This is a good description of how Lois treated Clark at first. It's good to see that something like love can still sneak up on Clark and hit him between the eyes before he can figure out what was happening.

Yea, for Lauren, for not holding back and for telling Clark the truth. Yea for Clark to not -- once more -- to deny his full identity to someone who clearly already knew what it was.

She'd watched The Resurrection of Al Capone...
While it had shed light on a few questions, she now understood why Aunt Lois had refused to watch it, stating that it was too far removed from the truth. Lauren could now read between the lines of that comment too. Clark Kent didn't actually die. And the scenes between Lois and Superman … well they were utter fiction.
So, what actually happened between Lois and Superman in this movie? Any implication towards impropriety would surely have resulted in a libel suit from the Superman Foundation, wouldn't it? Not to mention from Lois.

I'm so glad that Lois was able to bring Clark to the point of being able to live and love again, even if it wasn't with her. I do wonder about the secret message in Lois's letter. Was she trying to nudge her great-niece and Clark together? Or was it merely a coincidence?

What fun! clap Very enjoyable.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.