AnnieB

This reminds me of a shop called The Last Bookstore in L.A., which has old books, new books, a yarn shop, and is not far from Skid Row. I don't suppose you've ever been there, have you?

Sorry to say I have only been to California to change planes. frown But this store sounds amazing! My poor husband would have to restrain me from going into the yarn shop.

Cozies
huh

Quote:
Grace took the paper, nodded and started checking the wall of black shelves that held the yarn. While she looked, Lois and Clark wandered around the store, marveling at the various types of yarn. Shortly, Grace returned holding four skeins of rich blue yarn. “This is what your friend is looking for in the worsted weight and dye lot she wanted. I’m looking forward to seeing the finished product, this particular yarn feels delicious and each stitch will have great definition.”

“Hearing the different terms regarding yarn weight, colors and what about all those pointy needles and tricky maneuvers? It all sounds so confusing!” Lois said, shaking her head.

I'm sending this story to my mother. She loves knitting and though she isn't into fanfic, she'd like this part.

Oh thank you! What a kind thing to say! Actually, Rhapsody Knits is based on three different yarn shops. I took one element from each and combined them to create this warm and cozy place for knitters. It is the kind of shop I would love to frequent. Have her read Cafe Americana if she wants to further acquaint herself with Grace and her shop.

Last edited by Morgana; 07/16/15 10:27 PM. Reason: Add a link

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.