Originally Posted by Shallowford
I read a book with a disturbing punctuation feature recently. It only used single quotes, no double quotes. I wondered as I was reading how they would handle dialog where one character quoted another. Apparenly, the author or editor couldn't figure it out either because in the 450 page book they never did it.

I'm curious, was it a Tom Clancy novel? Just it's like that in just about every one of his books that I've read.

Originally Posted by Annie B.
The final book in the series, The Land of Painted Caves, was so bad that longtime fans threw it aside in disgust.

I agree, Land of Painted Caves was a huge disappointment. But I read somewhere just before it was released that it was basically ghostwritten due to Jean M Auel having Alzheimers disease. Weird thought... does that make it basically fanfic? Hehehe.

"It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating."- Simon Pegg