it occurs to her to wonder how much evil he sees as Superman.

It's pretty amazing, isn't it? And it speaks loads about his character that he's able to maintain his overall optimism.

Of course he will not allow the darkness of humanity to seep inside him.

Love it.

After four months of trying, she has come to the conclusion that it is a physical impossibility.

Psst...Lois. It's called "love."

She feels like she sleeps all the time (a mindless, numb haze that follows her everywhere she goes), but she never feels rested, and as ridiculous as it sounds, she is so tired of being tired.

Yep, sounds like depression to me.

She’d stopped seeing him when she’d felt Trask’s hand curling around her neck and heard Clark’s voice transmogrify into Superman’s

Ah! I wondered what the "trigger" was for this Lois.

there’s just a bit too much of Lois Lane left within her for her to give up so easily.

Yay!

and help her know what to do next.

Like the suggestion to see a mental health therapist? She's a total mess. (Not that I blame her one bit, well, minus the blame I put on her for outing Clark.)

she thinks it is the best coffee she has ever tasted

Aside from the ones Clark used to make for her.

--and he is talking

Love this for the simplicity, and the reminder that Superman has gone mute.

“I asked how you were doing!”

Ouch at the tone, but this is what he needs to hear - her concern for HIM.

energy and effervescent purpose.

Exactly what she needs. Something tells me she's going to rally support for him, giving her her life back and Clark a reason to trust her again.

“Hey, CK!”

"Hello, Interruptus," Lois greeted him acidly between clenched teeth.

has been offering her aren’t true smiles at all.

mecry

“You’re trying to make sure I’m never alone with him. Aren’t you?”

Where have I heard this before? Oh yes, I remember. Every single fan has asked this of Jimmy at some point.

“Smooth,” Jimmy says. It’s such an incongruous statement (a word that sounds foreign coming from this businessman he’s become; a slang term that doesn’t fit the moment at all), except for the wink he throws her, the twinkle in his eyes, the smile hidden in the corners of his mouth.

Love the break in the "James" persona.

And with her. Here and ready to try to start over again and help him pick up the pieces of his life.

I feel like this is a moment where trumpets should be blaring and an army of knights go storming into battle.

So, as always, I loved this new chapter and I'm on my knees begging for more to read.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon