I knew straight away that it was a mistake. For starters, I want Lois to want Clark Kent, not Superman. How was that ever going to happen if I let her think there was the possibility of a future with Superman? Giving into temptation this way only fuels her crush on Superman. I was turning into my own worst enemy.

Oh, totally! YES! I still remember--what would it be? like 22 years ago--sitting in front of the tv, barely a teenager, screaming, "No!" when Clark kissed Lois as Superman at the end of PML blush grin wallbash. The kiss? Yeah, I loved the kiss laugh. But...it wasn't with Clark.

It felt like back-pedaling. Slowly, episode by episode, Clark gaining Lois' trust, them becoming friends. Seeing little bits of moments where 'more' is there between them (Lois and Clark). And then Clark goes and kisses her as Superman? And not a little kiss...the biggest kiss to date cat.

Yes, the pheromone could be used as the reason behind the kiss, but still...argh thud.

--end of rant wink --

Anyway, excellent piece, Feli. I really enjoyed this story--PML is one of my all-time favorite episodes, also. You did a fantastic job bringing the feeling of those days for Clark into your writing. And I loved how you ended with Lex. That look, the meaning of the look. Superman does need to start watching his back smile.

Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~