This story was short, yet very powerful.

I am not an extraordinary man. I'm not one to stand out in a crowd. It's worked to my advantage in the past- if you stand out, you get noticed, and for me that could be absolutely disastrous.

Out of necessity and habit Clark has had to stand 'at the edge of the spotlight' to avoid being noticed, especially when he first arrived in Metropolis. Which, all things considered was the right thing to do.

I'm a good reporter, but not a brilliant one. The flashes of brilliance at the Planet come from Lois, my sometime partner. I just follow her lead.

Totally disagree on this point. Clark is an excellent journalist! True his stories about the knob-tailed gecko from the Borneo Gazette might not have been great, but it was a start. Taking what on the surface seemed like a simply puff piece on the demolition of an old theater and turning it into something that touches the heart takes considerable talent. Lois helped him when he began, but in time his talents grew into their own.

As his life in Metropolis became richer and his circle of friends and acquaintances grew, Clark put aside these feelings and became so much more than a Hack from Nowheresville.

Thanks for writing this intriguing story. thumbsup

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.