I like my comics like I like my fanfiction... that is to say, all over the place. goofy My biggest thing with the comics is that nobody ever hits it just right for me-- it's always either too dark or too light or even at times too cheesy and never really finds that perfect recipe. I am a huge sucker for angst and drama (don't even start me on Grey's Anatomy lately... thud). Everybody knows how much I love deathfics/tragedies/etc. But I'm also a terrible romantic and sometimes I just want to read about a romcom. It all depends on my (rapidly-shifting) mood, but I always like high emotional content. I know the one thing I can say I don't care for is unnecessary action scenes.

(Which is why I'm terrified of what Batman v Superman is going to turn out like... Again, never strikes that middle ground. Actually, I won't say never. I always loved the Bruce Timm DCAU and although it's largely funny and/or for kids it still had some darker parts and action that satisfied me. )

If copyright/character co-existence wasn't an issue, I always, 100% of the time will vote to have team/league comics. When done right (i.e. Avengers films, JL tv shows) it's fantastic, and everybody gets right amount of attention. Also, as far as Marvel goes, I'd like to see X-men and Avengers mashup (not just Wolverine!), even though it would probably make a mess of things. I'd also like to see some Fantastic 4/ Spidey/Avengers action. DC is pretty decent about being able to work their heroes into one thing, but Marvel is so splintered that to bring all of their heroes into one universe would be an epic challenge.

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain