Awww man! No date laugh evil grumble . I was really looking forward to their date night (so much so that I was 'saving' the story to read till I had the perfect opportunity to read it blush grin).

BUT...

What a great chapter! I ended up getting so invested in what was happening, I didn't really think about the lack of their night out til I got to the end of this section.

A couple WAFFY parts I enjoyed smile (cause, yes, that is what seems to get my attention first):

"You and Clark...you're close, right?"

He cautiously nodded. "Yes."

"I wanted to tell you...before anything happens...Clark and I are dating."

"I know," he said, still wary.

"He told you?"

"He didn't have to. He cares a great deal for you, Lois. It didn't take me long at all to know that he'd be asking you out."

"Is that why you and I never...?"

He nodded. It was simpler than trying to explain the more complicated details. At some point, he would be telling her the whole truth anyway. Lois nodded in turn.

"You're okay with that?" she asked.

"More than you can imagine," he replied truthfully. "Clark's a good guy, and it makes me happy to see him so happy."

This exchange I thought was really sweet. There is something so great about Lois acknowledging to Clark as Superman that she is wanting to, and planning to, invest in Clark. Her being true to her feelings completely...and Clark getting to see that. Pretty magical notworthy.

Also:

"For a certain young lady?" the shop owner asked knowingly.

"Yes," Clark said with a nod. "Our first date is tonight."

The woman smiled. "For young love? I'll take off twenty-five dollars. That's my best offer though."

Clark looked again at the necklace as the woman placed it in his hand. It was the most elegant, stunning snowflake he'd ever seen, the entire thing white and ice blue crystal, with the barest hint of silver holding everything together. It hung from a slender silver chain that he estimated would settle the snowflake just an inch or two above Lois' breasts.

"Take a moment to think about it," the owner urged him as she turned to ring up another man's purchase.

As soon as she took her eyes off him, Clark slid his glasses down and checked the internal structure of the pendant. He was pleased to find it to be of top quality. He pushed his glasses back up, just in time. The owner turned back to him.

"I'll take it," he said.

The woman smiled, took the necklace, and got it boxed up for him. He refused a bag as he counted out money from his wallet, making a mental note to stop at an ATM on the way back to work. Once he was done, he slipped the slender box into the inner pocket of his suit jacket, then pulled his winter coat tighter around himself.

"Thanks," he said, smiling widely.

Lois is going to love this, he thought, already allowing himself to feel pride in the smile he knew he'd elicit from her that night.

So thoughtful and romantic of an idea. Lois will love it thumbsup. We already know how great of a guy Clark is--stuff like this'll make us (me) swoon even more hyper.

Can't wait to read Part 8. So excited!
Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~