The ending reads like The Police's "Synchronicity II": "Many miles away, something crawls to the surface..." rotflol

Hmmm...the "she" that is intruding at the fortress doesn't appear to be Lois...Tess, perhaps? Very cool to have Clark turn Jor-El's use of Lois in the visions from a weakness into a strength.

“As Earth’s protector you cannot afford to make mistakes and emotions are unstable. You must distance yourself so that you can make clear decisions.”
In our L&C world, Clark is sent off to Earth because that's the only place his parents could quickly find as their planet was dying that would support life. There's no particular reason why Jor-El would think that a Kryptonian raised under a yellow sun would develop God-like powers. Clark, the regular guy, is a real person, and his humanity matters. But in quotes like this, or in a movie like "Man of Steel" (which I saw for free on a plane, and yet still regret the two hours I wasted!), God-like Superman is what matters - we pathetic creatures are not to be trusted and must be cared for like children. Ummmm...but Southern plantation owners justified slavery in the same way. So I don't like this Jor-El...I think he's a bad, bad man! razz

Plus, he's keeping Lois and Clark apart, and I want my KK WAFF back! grin

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink