My favorite ElseWorlds comics deal with what would happen if Kal-El landed somewhere else or was raised by someone else. The best ones are Red Son, where he landed in Russia; The Nail, where Jonathan and Martha got a flat tire, so they weren't out driving that night and he was picked up by a nearby Amish group; and True Brit, where he lands in England. (That last one is co-written by John Cleese, and it's hilarious.)

I like these types of stories because they explore what makes baby Kal-El become Superman. Is he just inherently a good person? Is it the Kents' upbringing that instills those values in him and a desire to help others? Is he controllable if someone with less-than-virtuous motives raises him or tries to influence him?

I don't have any ideas for such a story, myself, but I certainly love to read them. :-)

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)