Oh, I have a ton of fanfic e-books saved on my computer and on my e-book reader. I never will have as many printed fanfics as e-book ones. I just wanted to have my very favorites, a few of the best in each fandom--particularly the ones I re-read every other year or so. I have nearly 2000 physical books, but I think I could manage enough additional space for a dozen fanfic ones, which is what it would probably come out to when all is said and done.

I liked the look of The Book Patch for the cost per book, which at first looked a lot cheaper than Blurb, but adjusting the settings on the Blurb calculator does bring it closer. The part that challenges me next (if I were to use The Book Patch) is how to format it all properly (and then figure out covers). I run Linux on my computer, but it looks like all the templates are for Windows software--might have to do it in a VM, annoying as that is. How does Blurb handle the book creation process?

And yeah, I've thought a compilation of the Dagger series would be really awesome. Though it might take a couple volumes, given the quantity of fic there. I don't know, haven't tried formatting yet to see how it would go. How does one pick fonts and all that anyway? I would assume serif font for the body, but which one? I like Book Antiqua and Garamond, but not sure if they'd do great as book text or not. (I'm also wondering if it wouldn't be easier to do with LaTeX, given as how it would automagically render the page numbers for the TOC and all that, but I've never actually used it before . . .)

Don't point. You make holes in the air and the faeries escape.