I really enjoyed this story. The original scene in the pilot is such a 'moment' between Clark and Lex--sizing each other up, creating the tension that will only ever build between them. Expanding on this scene--great idea! smile

What stood out most to me, what really excited me about this story, was the challenging atmosphere. It was there originally in the Pilot, but you were able to build upon it wonderfully. You've created a hostile feeling in the piece, but done in a subtle way, so it comes off as brilliantly subdued (if that makes sense grin ). It's written politely condescending--they are totally trying to out do and outwit the other--and in such a scholarly way. This type of thing is so very much Lex at his best (and Lex KNOWS this), but with Clark? With Clark he's met his match clap.

Lex glanced at Lois, but then looked back at Clark. And Clark’s face betrayed him with a nervous glance at Lois, a look filled with unhidden unprofessional interest. Lex raised an eyebrow slightly when Clark looked back. He silently asked the question, because every battle should ultimately earn a prize. Clark’s eyes narrowed slightly with determination.

Awesome! dance hyper This paragraph has so much power to it. Lex immediately can see Clark's heart, as far as it concerns Lois. He (Lex) knows he has a way get at Clark, a way to hurt him.

Adversaries cemented.

Yeah--I love this last line smile! Great way to get the point across. They will be enemies till the end.

Excellent story!
Laura

Last edited by LMA; 10/16/14 02:31 PM.

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~