Originally Posted by VirginiaR
I agree with Emily. It's hard to leave everyone and everything one knows, but in the new dimension she and Catlin could move to Smallville and become a small country doctor and still see the Kents.

If they stayed in this dimension, I could see Federal Marshalls take over and put them in Witness Protection (is there a loophole which would allow it?), changing their names and appearances, so they wouldn't end up having to move to a big city. Many people wouldn't want to do that. I know I'm happier since moving away from the big city. Plus, while it might be easier for Homeland Security to deal with them in the big city there are many other concerns: violence in big city and big city schools vs. those in smaller towns, cost of living is more expensive in a big city than outside, dealing with traffic / transportation issues. It might be a case of ending up in a worse case scenario... from the fire into the boiling oil bath (and yes, I know oil catches fire before boiling). Then again, joining Witness Protection would almost be the same as moving dimensions, only having to deal with changing names (and possibly careers) and worrying that someone might discover the truth and out them (again).

I like this scenario and I agree with the Witness Protection Program analysis as they would have to stay really low key to keep off the Munroes of the world radar. I think the Smallville deal would work great since Milford is a small town itself (though not a small as Smallville). With 10 chapters left I wonder how much will be with them getting back to the Kent's reality and how much will be about Kara, Emily, and Caitlin settling in back there and the aftermath. Since Debbie had a Prologue I assume that means she can (and will??) have an Epilogue which could wrap much of that up several months into the future.

Originally Posted by VirginaR
Originally Posted by Mike M
You are a day early, not that I am complaining...
I thought Debbie always posted on Tuesday.
I could say she actually has not had much of a consistent schedule (I went back and checked) but in reality I got this confused with a discussion with KK in the Wedding Pact who said she was posting Wed/Sat. Sorry.

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham