Awww. How romantic! Loved it! clap More please!

I loved the comparisons of how slow life was in the past and how impatient and fast everything is nowadays (or two years ago).

You have found a simple way of explaining why Clark is the gentleman that we see.

“A penny for your thoughts?”

Pennies were worth a lot more in this time than in her own.
Good point. It's sad how inflation hasn't kept up with what our thoughts are worth.

It was ridiculous, being attracted by a man’s forearms. Was this what it was like for men of this era, everything so covered up that even the sight of an ankle was scandalous?
Oh, yes! clap It reminds me of the line from Anything Goes: "A glimpse of stocking used to be something shocking, now anything goes".

“Are you happy?” Lois couldn’t help but ask. Maybe having his life disrupted would actually be doing him a favor. Robinson seemed like a controlling ass.

“Here? Now?” Clark asked. He smiled suddenly. “I can’t remember being this happy in a long time.”
Oh, dear. Then what will happen to poor Clark's happiness when Lois is sent forward in time again?

I loved everything about the scene of them caught in the rain, too much to quote. Shayne, you're quickly becoming one of my favorite writers on these boards.

blush No pressure or anything. whistle

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.