Originally Posted by Darth Michael
Lois arrived at the restaurant. Vino Mia.
Sounds Italian. Is Clark trying to use pasta to make her do things?
I thought it was Clark that got all ... you know ... with pasta!

At least he didn’t say he’d be wearing a red carnation.
How about red underwear?
rotflol

Just gave me a code word to say at the desk.
‘Ultra Woman’?
lol Nope.

“I was told to say ‘Lara’ and you’d know which table to take me to.”
shock Clark!
LOIS: So, Clark, why ‘Lara’?
CLARK: It’s my birth-mother’s name.
LOIS: cat
I think you are reading ahead again, Michael

The welcoming smile on his face dropped and his eyes widened when he saw her. She knew her face reflected the same shock.

“Clark!”
“Lois!”
thumbsup
Happy? grin

“So, you’re my hot match then,” she said in a cheery voice.
Well…she does think that he’s hot, so…
LOIS: Oh yeah! He's hot ... Um, did I say that out loud?

Make the best out of this Lois, turn it around somehow.
[Linked Image] One Night Stand?
No, no and no again!!!!! *despairs of Michael*

“Okay, I can’t take it anymore. What is Lara?” she blurted out.
evil
Told you that you'd been reading ahead.

"So, how does a Kansas farm boy afford a meal at Vino Mia?" she asked, clearly attempting to lighten the mood.
Well…there was that hold up at Metropolis National Bank earlier this day…
And he was on the opposite side of that confrontation to what he usually is? Is that what you are trying to say?

“No.” She shook her head. “You know ... that I was lying. I’m not in a relationship with Superman.”
jawdrop
You didn't expect her to admit it? Well, she knew herself, even when she first mentioned it in the last chapter, that it was horribly unbelievable. She knew that Clark knew it wasn't true.

“I thought you didn’t want to be alone.” He threw her tipsy words back at her.

“I don’t,” she admitted without thinking what the revelation would mean.

“So you just don’t want to be alone ... with me?” he challenged.
Oh boy. That won’t end well…
Really. I think her response is good!

“Okay, then. You’re on. As of this moment we are officially engaged.”
thud

What? Wait, what? Huh? What? Wait, what? Huh? [Linked Image]
Are you okay Michael? Do I need to call an ambulance? You're not having a heart attack are you?

That was the most awesome midpoint revelation I have ever seen! notworthy Well…that I can actively remember to have ever seen. This is… [Linked Image]

wave Michael
Thank you. The most awesome you've ever seen. WOW! Well, just wait till the (approx) 3/4 point then!

Originally Posted by Lynn S. M.
Surprised? Try "stunned."
*giggles* I like shocking people. Everyone knew that the Hot Match Wild Card would be Lois and Clark. There was NO surprise at all, so I needed something to shock everyone with!!!

Although I had, of course, expected them to get engage eventually, I hadn't thought it would happen for another few parts at least. Of course, technically they aren't yet engaged; although Lois has proclaimed that they are, Clark has not officially agreed to it. He certainly hinted that that was what he wanted, but he never outright said it, and if he misinterprets Lois' motives, he might still decline the engagement.
He wants this ... there is no way he's declining the engagement.

BTW, I really liked the line about if anyone could make her forget Clark, it's Superman. That's a nice turnaround from her canon way of thinking.
grin

Also, is it safe to assume from Clark's choice of entree that you have read late 1980's or 1990's era Superman comics? IMO, that was the best era for Superman.

Joy,
Lynn
*whistles* Nope, nope. Never read any comics. Nuh Huh. Haven't got 2 boxes of Superman under my bed. *shakes head violently* Not at all. (1990s - best ever).

Originally Posted by Morgana
jawdrop I was so totally not expecting that to happen. This RonCom has gone to another plateau! Forget levels! You gotten post the next installment soon!

From the sounds of it they went to a very swanky place indeed! Hope Clark has enough room on his credit card!
Thanks. Hope you enjoy the direction it's gonna take now. And, yep, it was swanky! Clark's a careful, responsible man with his money!!!

Originally Posted by Mike M
Morgana, that makes a whole bunch of us huh.

Speaking of diving in without checking the water depth shock.
She's had eight years to "check the water level". I'm sure she knows what she's doing! *giggle*

I am certainly awaiting the next chapter..

Mike
I bet you are not the only one!

Originally Posted by groobie
Great part! I'm really enjoying this story. thumbsup
Thank you very much. laugh

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."