First, thanks for commenting! This chapter seems to be getting people's attention. wink

Also, did this Norman Graves even STOP to consider the fact that she and her family had a federally approved security detail?
I can't see them doing this without a hearing with Emily and Kara. I mean, I could see them trying to do this, but not having a legal leg to stand on. In the end, if Munroe wins this legal battle, all Kara has to do is say 'no'. Do they have a way to stop her? Would anyone want them to use it, if they did?
Kara is a foster child, not adopted. Emily has no legal claim on her at all. Legally, she is only a contractor to the state of Delaware, paid by them to care for a minor.

My understanding of the way foster care works is that placement of children is entirely at the discretion of the supervising agency (in this case, Children's Services). If they decide they want to move a child from one foster parent to another, that are entitled to do so. Whether that child has Secret Service protection or not.

Of course, expecting Kara to go along with these shenanigans does indicate pretty poor judgement. As President Hunter reflected, Munroe is not the sharpest tool in the shed.

That's… what's the opposite of common sense?
Steve Allen wrote a book titled Dumbth. I think that's as good a term as any.

One of the saddest things about this story for me is that as ignorant as Munroe is, he's not an unrealistic character. :-(