Originally Posted by AndyG
This has become my most anticipated stories this year. Great job of making it feel so real including the politics of a super powered child living in America. The El children seem to have one more super power - the ability to be found by great foster parents. An amazing story.

Totally agree about anticipation. When the post comes in I virtually drop everything and read it.

The politics resonate home very well to those of us living in the United States today. In the past there were probably many politicos that distrusted everything and everybody and wanted to use everything to their advantage (Joe McCarthy comes immediately to mind) but they stayed more in the closet then than they seem to now. These days they seem to daily call a press conference and rant on about something or the other, whether they have a clue about what they are talking about or not. I could just imagine the stories politically biased broadcast news organizations like Fox News or MSNBC would be broadcasting if something like this really happened to us today.

Good catch on the similarities between the Jordans and the Kents. I had not had the foster parent thought before except that Kara was very lucky and fit in with the Jordan sisters so well but the concept of the additional super power is a really nice one.

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham