Wow, lots packed into this one! Definitely one of the biggest days of Kara's life, and poor thing that she doesn't have Dad there to help her out! Though she seems to be getting the hang of things pretty quickly.

Kara’s thoughts kept drifting to Superman, who spent nearly as much time promoting charities as he did doing rescues or fighting crime. He always said that while he could do a lot, he couldn’t do everything, and that the most important part of being a hero was not having powers, but caring and doing what you could.
Loved this, and Clark would be SO proud of his little girl for thinking about that. But it must be weird for Kara to hear about these kind of disasters WITHOUT a Superman around to help out. Makes me wonder what else would strike her as odd - how long it takes to clear up bad traffic accidents, etc.

What on Earth was going on? Was she crazy? Were they ghosts or something?
If so, they were very mundane ghosts.
rotflol

That meant her dad was Superman; she was certain of it. And that made her even more sure that somehow, he’d find her.
Despite her fear at what was happening to her, a tiny smile crept onto her face.
Thatta girl! Must feel nice to know for certain she's not crazy.

It was unsettling to realize she’d spent a unit of fourth grade Social Studies studying her own father.
Doubly unsettling that she didn't realize it at the time, I'm sure!

Another epiphany landed on her like a cartoon anvil: Oh my God, I’m an alien.
[Linked Image] You're doing a great job of sharing her swinging emotions as everything comes crashing into her head.

She noticed Kevin had joined them again.
“Aren’t you going to get sassed for eating lunch with sixth grade girls, Kevin?” teased Bailey.
“Hey,” interjected Kevin. “So do you want to come over and see a Superman movie this afternoon after school?”
Wow, I think Kevin's got a little crush going on here! [Linked Image]

Though I'm not so sure it's a great idea for Kara to be hanging out with a bunch of kids after her big day. Talk about putting on the pressure.

Love the baseball scene. I am RIGHT THERE with Kara - I've NEVER liked having balls thrown at me, and could totally freak out about it. Adding in superpowers on top of that panic would be a total disaster. And your super-power-physics are really great, along with Kara's recognition of what's going on. She's a very smart kid!

She had not had a moment all day to process the meaning or implications of the superpowers that had been erupting one after another like a bad case of Kryptonian acne.
rotflol

Kara hugged herself and shivered. “I think this was the worst day of my entire life.”
Megan looked confused, then questioning. “Is it…?” she whispered.
Kara looked blank for a moment, then shook her head. “No… I… um, not yet.” She blushed furiously and averted her eyes.

[Linked Image]
The joys of pre-adolescence.

I really think it's a BAD IDEA for her to go hang out with everyone. Yeah, she probably wants to feel normal, but she hasn't had any time to process this on her own and has to be exhausted by now.

And then, UH OH...
That caused the file to be flagged. The information was transferred to other computer systems, including those used by the national intelligence agencies.
[Linked Image] This can NOT be good for Kara!!!