He continued to sway them slowly, pulling her closer. He lost himself in her eyes. He imagined falling into her soul. Well, eyes were the windows to the soul. As his soul met hers a realisation hit him. It wasn’t just desire. There was so much more to it than lust. It was love.
Awwww. It's love. So, he then tackles her in the copier room and mentions his ex. Good going there, Smallville. [Linked Image]

Clark sighed and put down the donut. He’d asked her on a date and she’d ... hesitated. That was a good sign. Rather than make a joke or run away, she’d hesitated. But rather than be able to gently persuade her that it was a good idea he’d had to leave. His Blur duties were sometimes so inconvenient.
Wow. I've never heard him gripe about his "Blur" duties before. And, yes, they were inconvenient. LOL.

When he’d pushed her up against the wall he’d had a revelation. He knew she was the one. He knew she was strong enough for him. He knew he was strong enough for her. He’d never been so sure of anything.
So, it was the making out with Lois which made him realize this? And, yes, she definitely was stronger than Lana. Lois was sunshine, Lana was rain. Lois was passion, Lana was pain. Lois was his future, Lana was his past. Perhaps Clark was a bit too relaxed if he didn't realize that he spoke his thoughts regarding Lana out loud. Maybe he needs another session with Jor-El on control.

He stood and pushed away from the desk. Stupid, Clark. Why did you say her name? You could have explained it without using her name?
The fact that Clark brought up Lana's name at all proves Lois's theory correct. He hasn't had enough distance between the two relationships.

Suddenly resolved to fix the situation before it became ... un-fixable, he grabbed his jacket and set off to find where Lois had bolted too.
Yea! hyper He's going after her! I hope he finds her, but I don't want groveling. I want convincing. She needs someone as strong as she is. A good solid relationship needs a good foundation, so he needs to find the stones to do it. [Linked Image]

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.