I whole-heartedly echo that thought...poor, poor Clark! They definitely seem painted into a corner here, DC, and I can't figure out how your going to get them out of it. Hmmm. I believe you took time travel out of the equation in the last FDK thread, and also said the baby would not somehow die to save Clark. And now we know that his heart isn't compatible with an 'Average Joe' donor--so we're really needing a Kryptonian here. And from the sound of it, it's not a piece of cake to communicate with the group that came to Earth last go around. So...where are we gunna get a heart?

*sits on hands* Yes, I've definitely painted them into a corner. That's the only fun (for me, not them) way to do it! smile

Woo-hoo for letting Dr. Klein in on the secret--along with Lois' father. With all of his shenanigans (Baby Gunderson, etc thumbsup ), he's gotta be able to think of something totally out of the box to help them. And if that were the case, maybe some sort of 'device' can help Clark's heart and avoid a transplant.

And then the 'toy that doesn't go back into the box' would be?....Argh--stumped again dizzy here (but, at least from this random thought-process, it would not be our poor, poor Clark clap ).

Very interesting ideas. Without spoiling anything - Sam will attempt to find a non-transplant way to save Clark. Will it work though?

Maybe the person/toy that dies doesn't have anything to do with the issue at hand (Clark's heart)? And it's not related to this topic of the story we are centering on.

You sure know how to get us all wondering...I sure am.

rotflol Well, you know me. Expect the unexpected and all of that! Thanks for stopping in! grin

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon