I presume that's Charlie King that Clark is talking to? I hope so; it's good to see that he's ok. I was afraid that he'd be dead by now, given how sickly he was before.

I'm glad that Lois was able to figure out that the teacher was doing her a favor with the group assignment. I wonder whether he will end up helping her with her investigation. I guess that partly depends on whether he thinks that her investigation will actually yield any real results or changes. If all that happens is that Lois gets caught by the school administration, Mr. Johnson wouldn't want to be associated with her at all.

There were a few places in this chapter where you've got typos or it got confusing:

Young Mr. Kent, of course, Mr. Johnson said. “As he was the only other student missing from class when the assignment was made.”

“There are only two of us, Lois said. She didn’t actually mind having to work with Clark, but she hoped she’d be able to wheedle some sort if concession out of Mr. Johnson.
You're missing some quotation marks here.

Louis gave him a skeptical look.
Lois?

“It also provides an opportunity to pad the grades of the poor students so that it’s not necessary just see them again next year.”
Who said this? It seems like it's Lois being snotty, but it's not entirely clear.

“That doesn’t seem...” Lois began.
Oh, so it's the teacher who said it? Hmmm.

“So tell me about the assignment,” Lois said.

“Are you sure he didn’t say we could work alone?” Clark asked.
Could you put some asterisks in between here or something to indicate a change of scene?

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)