Has anybody else seen this animated film? I enjoyed it quite a bit. Then again, I haven't read "The Death of Superman," which it was loosely based on, and I have heard some fans complain that it didn't live up to its source material. Still, though, to be fair, very few things do live up to their source material.

I was a little surprised the first time I watched it due to all of the killing. It didn't bother me since I know that killing is sort of to be expected from a villain like Doomsday, but I guess I expected the violence to be kept to a minimum for any kids that may be watching. I suppose that one of the benefits of doing a direct-to-DVD film is that you can get away with showing more violence than you can in a Saturday morning cartoon.

I really liked that Lois had a pretty big role in the movie. Anne Heche wasn't as good of a voice actress as Dana Delany was in "Superman: The Animated Series," but she did a decent job. I thought it was nice that Lois was able to figure out that Clark was Superman, and I enjoyed seeing her and Superman in a relationship, even if it felt a little awkward to me at first that she was in a relationship with Superman instead of Clark. I also thought her and the other characters grieving over Superman's death made for a compelling story.

Overall, it was a really good film. The voice actors all did a solid job, and the animation was pretty good, too.