Hmmm.

I guess my reaction is that I am cautiously pessimistic. I say that because I think it's too soon to do a crossover like this, but it could work. (Unfortunately, I believe it's more likely to be an unentertaining mess of a battle-fest.) There is still WAY too much to establish for Superman on his own before you bring in Batman. I had hoped that this would be the movie where we see Clark establish his – and Superman's – identity in Metropolis. The things that they should do before bringing in Batman:
1. Establish Clark and Lois's relationship
2. Introduce Superman
3. Setup – at least publicly, the Lois – Clark – Superman triangle
Lois and Clark know it isn't a triangle, but there could be some fun with the rest of the DP members wondering about Lois's relationship with the two men and Clark's feeling about Lois's obvious relationship with Superman.
4. Bring in Lex and give him a reason to hate Superman

Bringing Batman into he mix means that some or all of these elements is going to get the short-shrift. Almost certainly to the detriment of the story and movie.

Now, that doesn’t mean that they can't make a good Superman – Batman movie, but I have to believe that the likelihood of this being a particularly good movie just took a HUGE hit.

Someone needs to shake these people and yell, “It's the STORY, Stupid!

Bob