The Fleischer shorts were among my earliest forays into Superman! My grandma had a VHS tape of them at her and grandpa's summer cabin. It was a common rainy day activity to either watch them or read the comics (mostly 80s to 90s) in a cardboard box there.

The Clark reminds me most of the early and Bronze age Clark. He's mild-mannered but not a complete pushover (with the way he says he "Lost his pass" in "Volcano!" when Lois had it the whole time reminded me of Clark's growl in L&C from time to time.)

As an adult I do have to remind myself that the cartoons contain an aweful lot of rather horrid stereotypes when it comes to the villains (the "mis-directed natives" anyone? The Japanese characters? etc.) The earlier ones were a little better on that (probably because they were primarily sci-fi oriented) but if I can move past those stereotypes (as I often do) then I can enjoy them for what they are.

I always enjoyed the subtle by-play of Lois and Clark. They often were on "dates" both for work purposes and for simple enjoyment (never really shown but always implied.)

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)