Originally posted by ColleenMA:
I'm not bashing your story, Colleen, just the absurdity that *anyone* (the powers that be at WB, DC, and Hollywood) would have considered this an acceptable action for anyone to make, let alone a hero. You just have wonderfully illustrated how this one thing has turned this hero into a zero. mad And that's not MY Superman!
Yes, I was really relieved when I came up with the concussion alternative, so that at least Superman didn't proactively remove her memories.

In his defense, I'm stealing the psychobabble about letting memories come back on their own from our beloved Dr. Deter. I think if Clark/Superman had been around longer, he would have eventually told her what happened (especially once she found out she's pregnant!!!), but in the time he had with her, he was doing what her doctor said was best. (It also lined up with some other bad advice he was getting at the time, but I don't want to spoil that too much!)
I didn't realize that you had wiped out the mind-wiping kiss. I thought that because of her amnesia Lois was taken to the hospital and the diagnosis was concussion. It's not as if Superman / Clark would ever admit to wiping her memories on purpose. So, this time it isn't Clark's fault that she lost her memories? Phew. That's a relief.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.