Originally posted by KatherineKent:
So, the n-fic stuff is coming up soon and I have a question. It is not particularly racy, but I'm not comfortable putting it the g-fic section. I could do a version of the chapters that are g-fic and post both versions, but there might not be that much difference between the two in the end, so I don't really know what to do. Shall I post n-fic only, risk it in the g-fic, or do 2 versions of these chapters?
Since other people might be lurking (and not commenting) this story, definitely include a Gfic version of the chapter (since the story started posting on the Gfic side), and have the Nfic as the "bonus". You might want to include an "Author's Note" at the top of that part, stating that there's an Nfic version of that chapter available. Some people just put the Nfic extended scene over on the Nfic side, and not the whole chapter, while others post a whole version of the chapter (including the Nfic scene) on the Nfic side, so that it can be read in context. With "Nightfall Honeymoon" I posted the whole story (like KenJ does with his Matchmaker Chronicles) on both boards, but I had Nfic scenes in more than half of the chapters. I have to say, that is a lot more work. LOL.

If you mention specific body parts or describe in too much detail what's happening, then it definitely needs to be toned down for the Gfic side. Dancing that line was a major dilemma for me when writing "Nightfall Honeymoon" that I had both an Nfic Beta and a Gfic Beta, so the Gfic Beta could tell me if I didn't tone it down enough.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.