Originally posted by VirginiaR:
So, "shift", huh? Would this be applying to what women used to wear under their dresses and another name for nightgown? Or work shift? /after reading/ Sigh. The latter.
Awww, dissapointed eh? It actually also referred to a 'shift' in the relationship as they nearly kissed.

As she stood up straight and raised her head she encountered the muzzle of a pistol pointed directly at her. She dropped her clothes in shock and stumbled backwards, fearful for her life, but as she gathered her wits she realised that the pistol was held by Kal.
Paranoid much, there, Kal?
He's slept facing the door with his hand on his pistol every night ...

He grabbed his thin sheet and pulled it up and over his shoulders covering his bare chest.
No wonder had the door barred. He sleeps in the buff.
hyper Oooh! Oooh! Can I guess? Cloe knows Kal.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Good guess ...

How he would have slept tonight, in the same cabin as her, he had no idea.
Sleep? Nah! It's over rated. Although, there's one know cure for insomnia... [Linked Image]
No idea what you are referring to.

He almost thrust himself away from the wheel ready to stride down the steps and take her in his arms but a movement at the other end of the deck suddenly shocked him back to reality.
What? They were alone on the deck?
It was late evening ... most men were below deck in the Pit, gambling.

He turned back, desperate to know what was happening. He finally allowed himself to recognise the sailor: James Olson, Jimmy. His eyes narrowed in anger.

Lois had become fast friends with Jimmy while she was still in disguise. Had that friendship progressed now?
Oh, really? Jimmy? [Linked Image] Kal, has your desire stopped blood flow to your brain? He's 15! And despite being too flirtatious for her own good aboard this pirate ship, Lois would never choose a 15 y.o. over you.
Of course the desire has *cough* diverted his blood flow away from his brain.

As they left the deck and away from Kal’s view Lois sent up a silent prayer that Kal would spend all night thinking of her.
Really, Lois? He's steering the boat. Wouldn't it be better that he *wasn't* thinking of you too much, so the boat didn't get run-aground?
Oh dear. How would Kal explain that to the captain.

Just thought you might want to know that the next two chapter titles are 'Attack' and 'Surrender'.
Well, since "Shift" wasn't what I was hoping for, I'm guessing "pirates ahoy". Oh, dear. That wouldn't be good for Miss Lois.
LOL. You might be surprised ... but then you could also be very correct. There's another ship on the horizon ...

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."