Originally posted by VirginiaR:
I did get a bit confused on the whole Robert / Ollie Queen scene because traditionally Green Arrow's parents died when he was young (actually in many ways he's very similar to Bruce Wayne).
Yes, that's true, but in SV it's shown that Lionel was responsible for their deaths due to his obsessions and evil character. Lionel isn't like that in this fic, so they were never killed.

Does he know that she's watching him? I'm guessing everyone else thinks more happened in that cabin the night before than a bit of accidental voyeurism on the part of Kal. Maybe *that's* why all the pirates are being polite. If they manhandled Kal's gal they could find themselves overboard with the sharks. Now, I get it.
Well, they are all a little scared of Kal, and a LOT scared of Zor El and Zor El publicly said that she would stay in Kal's cabin. It was in private later on that Zor El hinted at more to Kal, but all the pirates will already have got that hint.

“No!” her heart jumped. “No, please don’t send me to Corbin. I’m sure you can assign me something yourself.” She pleaded with him.

Kal frowned and narrowed his eyes. “Has Corbin done something?” he asked, almost missing off the question and stating it as fact.
Umm... Yes? He's a creep.
Blunt and to the point ... Corbin is NOT nice,

“Mary, miss. I’m the housekeeper for the Commodore. At least, when he’s here, that is. There’s usually more of us, but Rosie left when the Master was taken and Josiah and Jeremy were sent home the day Miss Lane went missing.
I'm almost surprised that they didn't make Lois a suspect.
There was actually a two week time delay between the prologue and chapter 1. Lois went to the governor, but when nothing happened she took it on herself to start searching.

Suddenly the mirth disappeared and was replaced by something unexpected. Sounds faded away and all he could hear was the pounding of his own heart and the ragged breathing coming from Lois. He noticed that she was staring at his chest. As he breathed in and out it expanded his ribcage and her eyes followed. His nipples hardened with the cold air and charged atmosphere. She gulped and looked back up at him.
See! He's seducing her and he doesn't even realize it.
LOL. You think his bare chest and hardened nipples are seducing her? Naaaa.

“Tess, you have the wrong idea. I am not the King’s Privateer. But,” he sighed, “I will do my utmost to help you. I do have … contacts.”
Privateer? Um... isn't that another name for pirate? Well, an official sort of pirate, though? Hired by the King to steal back what the pirates stole?

Is this what the Justice League as been reduced to? A bunch of pirates? peep Sorry, bad joke.
Yeah. Technically they are 'legal' pirates. But it was the closest thing I could think of for the Justice League in this setting. They are more like 'police' of the sea (which is what Privateers were supposed to be originally)

“The Commodore is missing and this was left at the scene.” He held up the paper with the stylised - boxed in - ‘Z’ pattern. Oliver’s eyes widened and he turned and ran to the main entrance.

“Is The Justice ready?” he shouted out.
"The Justice"? Is that the name of another ship?
Yup - Here comes the Justice League.

With that he turned and left and Lois set about cataloguing the items in the hold … still dressed in the aristocratic dress from the previous evening.
I don't know if that's safe Kal. You left her in a pretty dress in a quiet dark area. Dun... dun...dunnnnn.
Thanks for your comments. Next chapter coming up.

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."