I've just been re-reading what others have written, and this has got me thinking. Specifically,

I interpret some songs differently
and
I've always thought that "Everything" was a perfect S1 L&C song, though you took the video in a different direction than I would have expected -- I always think of it as Clark comparing himself to either Lex or Superman (or both)
I don't know if this is what you were referring to by "interpreting songs differently", but it made me stop and think. In this song, is the singer comparing himself to someone else, as Kathy seems to suggest, or is he referring to himself, as the video suggests? How did others interpret this song when they first heard it? Now I'm curious.

(For what it's worth, I always thought the singer was referring to himself, not to someone else. But now I'm wondering if *I* was interpreting this song differently, and if everyone else understands the person referred to as "he" to mean someone else.)

Or am I completely misunderstanding Kathy's comments and making a complete fool of myself?

- Vicki

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster