I voted for trailers, because that definitely attire my attention to a story I wouldn't have had time to read otherwise. Posters do the same for me as trailers.

But there is other things that draw my attention to a story. I often start to read a story just because I like the title or because I find the title intriguing. The title of a story do a lot for me.

Of course, that's not my only criterias to read a story, but they are the most important ones. I already started to read some stories because someone told me that was good on IRC or here, on the boards.

But I rarely read the fdk folders, except for the stories I write myself, or for the stories I'm already reading. But I almost never look the fdk folder for story that I don't already know, no matter if the title thread is good

The same with the written teaser. I rarely take a look, except if I'm planning to read the entire story because something (trailer, poster, title, or advice - or, I have to admit, if that's from an author I love wink ) already interested me.