I'm a bit shy of doing so, but hey sit your buttocks down and write some FAB stuff.

When I was a manager at McDonald's, I used to let the writers and students stay as long as they wanted. I liked having people around they kept nice company.

However, when the next manager came in sometimes they would give a hint to leave. What grumps. I can understand why, but they were always polite enough for me to make room or leave if we suddenly got a rush.

Some people were to shy to ask and some though, ooh I don't have to clean a table right away :p

Hmm, but from a customer point of view when the place is stuffed .... I think as long as you are ordering their services. I know I've gone in with the hopes of sitting and relaxing with a cup of coffee at two of the local coffee shops just outside of my apt on a Saturday morning. However I have not been able to do so b/c the same people stay there all morning. I'm going to beat that system someday. . . someday. It's my thing now, but I love to sleep in. goofy

If it quite - stay as long as you want.
If it is busy - judge it. I can't study/write when it is loud though.

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.