It all depends. I've written *lots* of deathfics. I'm infamous for writing dark comedy sketches in JAG where Clayton Webb dies. If he appears in any of my stories, he will die in the most creative way I can find. <g> I've had him killed in the line of duty, mugged, baked in the world's largest pecan pie, run over by an ambulance, squished to death in a garbage truck, accidentally drowned because he'd been drinking... Well, you get the picture. I killed AJ once after the whole "go wrestle alligators" speech in the beginning of season nine. And I killed off Lt. Smarm (Ok, so his name's Vukovic... or Vukoblech or Vukopuke or something like that.) because I hate the character and they left him in Iraq and it was too good of an opportunity to pass up.

I wrote a death fic in Lois and Clark once because of a challenge. In Smallville, I once won third place for best comedy because I killed almost everybody off.

I've recently written a death *meditation* for Lois and Clark. It was my way of paying tribute and dealing with Lane Smith's death. IMHO, a big part of Perry died when the actor that played him did. Thing is, deathfics are primarily about killing off a character. Death meditations are different, because they're more about the people left behind after the death of a loved one.

It depends on how it's done if I'll read one or not. Death meditations, yes. Death fics have to somehow be funny for me to get into them. Yes, it's black comedy when it's done that way, but if it gives me a chuckle, yeah, I'll read it. Most of the deathfics I've written are real TPFIC. <g> Fun to write, and if you happen to hate the character(s) in question, fun to read as well.

BrightFeather
http://bratling.0catch.com

“Rules only make sense if they are both kept and broken. Breaking the rule is one way of observing it.”
--Thomas Moore

"Keep an open mind, I always say. Drives sensible people mad, I know, but what did we ever get from sensible people? Not poetry or art or music, that's for sure."
--Charles de Lint, Someplace to Be Flying