As you may or may not know, I have a poll-driven story up in the fic section. You can find the TOC here.

Part 1 was posted this past Monday, and in the comments section, I asked the readers what they think Lois and Clark should do next. I've gathered the answers, and now you get to vote.

There will be 3 questions.

Question 1 is about what Lois should do with the rest of the work day. I've listed all the possibilities (the only one I left out was contacting Alt-Clark, since she has no way of doing so herself). Choose what you think she should do with her time. Since she has several hours to work with and phone calls and such won't necessarily take much time, I'm allowing you to choose as many as you want. However the vote comes out, those will be her priorities. So, she'll do the things with the highest vote totals until she runs out of time. Please try to limit yourself to what you think is most important (especially if you're considering some of the more time-consuming options). She should have time to do several things, but if everyone votes for everything, Lois will be locked with indecision.

Question 2 asks what she should do about the Pier. You can pick one option, but I've tried to give you as much choice as possible, so read all the options carefully.

Question 3 asks what Clark should do. Since he's got nothing but time (and rope) on his hands, you can pick as many as you like.

Note that some of the options are conflicting (in question 1, you have the option to call Martha and Jonathan or to put off calling them so as not to cause undue panic. In question 3, you have the option to ask for sunlight or to try to hide the need for it). Try not to pick both sides. wink

Also, while you're voting, try to consider not only what you think Lois and Clark should do but what you think Lois and Clark would do. I don't think any of the options are completely out of character (especially given that unusual circumstances sometimes call for unusual actions), but some are more fitting than others.

EDITING BECAUSE SOMEONE POINTED OUT TO ME THAT THE TIMING WAS OFF:

I'm not sure when the poll will close, exactly. I set it for just before midnight Friday US Eastern time. The boards are on US Pacific time, which is 3 hours earlier. So, as far as I can tell, it should have said that the poll closes at 8:59 PM, but it seems to have adjusted 3 hours in the wrong direction (even though the boards do show the correct timestamp on the posts that I see). Hopefully it will work out. If not, I'll try to adjust for next week. Whenever voting stops, no one will be able to see the results before then. After that time, everyone will be able to see them (which is crucial, because I will not be voting). I'd appreciate it, btw, if the first person to see the results would post to say that the results are available. That way, I can check the timestamp on the post so I know whether or not I need to adjust. It doesn't make that much difference, really, but it would be good to know.

That's all. Thanks for your participation. smile I'll be interested to see how things come out. Good luck. smile

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.