The only one who can decide whether a sequel would be a good idea is you. Do you have something in particular you want to do in another story? If you're just writing something because other people told you to, it's not likely to be your best work.

Same thing with the length -- it'll be as long as the story requires. And probably longer than you expect <g> or does that only happen to me?

Bottom line... if the calls for a sequel get some ideas ticking over in your mind, and you think "you know, I really would like to see how this one thing comes out...", and you can come up with a semi-coherent plot (or as much as you'd normally do in a story, anyway help -- don't write it

PJ smile cool
who never used to write sequels but has found herself with a series that just will not quit -- I've got plot ideas for the next five letters of the alphabet... dizzy

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K