South Carolina had their first big payout awhile ago. The jackpot was $80 mil, but since they took the lump sum, they actually got about $28 mil. The rest of the $40-some was taken by taxes, and the other $40 mil would have been interest if they had take it over the years.

One million would allow me to pay off all my bills, house, and car, buy a new car (Hubby and I currently only have 1, so we'd get one for each of us), and computers. Then I'd start drawing blueprints of my dream house. $200,000 would pay off the bills, and I believe get us the car and computers, so I should be able to build a fairly nice house. laugh

A coworker and I were talking about what we'd do if we won Pepsi's current sweepstakes, which is $1 billion. We both agreed we'd give 1 mil to our parents and some to our siblings. I have 3 brothers, Hubby has 1, so they'd each get a mil, all 4 parents would get 1 mil each.. then I'm not sure what I'd do, other than go back to school full time. smile1

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited