I am 22 from Ohio and I say "by accident." I just asked my two friends that I am sitting here working with and they both said "by accident." Originally, I thought that I spoke like this because my dad is the grammar psycho, but my 23 year old friend and 24 year old friend both (one from Ohio by way of India and the other from Ohio) said "by accident."

My best friend and I just agreed that both of our younger sisters (who coincidentally go to the same university and are strangely friends - 19 and 18) both say "on accident."

And then the conversation turned to the weird things that the younger people do on aim. My sister's away message yesterday: ne way i m doin sum hmk. I was like, what the heck, just type out the words! "anyway, I am doing some homework".
I mean, any is just one more letter than ne - and much easier to understand!

Then again, my sister is the girl that writes papers for 15 minutes, sends them to my dad, gets yelled at for 5 hours, then has a nice, A-worthy, paper written by my dad - with no effort on her part. I can't believe it, personally. I have never even had my dad check my papers since high school because I hate his writing style and how he rewrites everything I write!

- Alicia smile1

Laura "The Yellow Dart" U. (Alicia U. on the archive)

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." -- Christopher Reeve