This has happened to me, but it switched it over to Spanish! I find the best way to make sure that your entire document is spell checked in the correct language is on the HOME tab press the "Select" button and "Select All". Then do as DC suggested: Click on the Review tab and press the "Set Language" button and chose the correct language. Then SAVE your document to make sure these changes will remain the next time you open your story.

I found that if you just "set language" without selecting the entire document, it only "Sets Language" for that particular "spell check" word / session. And then will revert back to whatever it had chosen for your official language after you leave spell check.

I find saving often is always a good option. My WORD has been freezing during spell checking lately (very frustrating, must have something to do with my bad spelling :rolleyes: ) and if I don't SAVE before spell checking I am paranoid that I might lose everything I worked on before spell checking.

Hope this solves your problem. Good luck.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.