Classicalla has said in the previous posts that she already checked all that information in Firefox but that it isn't assigned to remove the cookies when Firefox closes. It seems like it's something else that is affecting the cookies.
That’s right. I double checked.

Carol, which version of Firefox are you using? I'm using Firefox 3.0.10 (and it seems it's downloading version 3.0.11 at the moment). When I explained to Classicalla, I assumed she was using the newer version 3.
Yes, I have the newest version. And Firefox automatically upgrades - it doesn’t give me the option of saying, “No.”

I have all the 'accept cookies' stuff checked but added lcficmbs.com specifically as 'allow'.
I’m not sure I understand why I’d have to do that if I’m already choosing ‘accept cookies from sites’, but I will try this. I tried this, but it didn’t work. I even tried completely shutting the computer off to see if this would “take”.

I think that's a new Firefox thing
I think you are right. I hope they get it fixed.

"Always clear my private data when I close Firefox"
I don’t have that chosen.

Here is a more complete explanation: it seems that, for some reason, the file that stores the cookies information, cookies.sqlite or cookies.txt (depending on the version of Firefox), may become corrupt, and then it messes up how and if the cookies are stored. So, if you remove this file from your computer, Firefox recreates it correctly and fixes the problem. The information on how to find this file is at the following page (depends on the operating system you are using):
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_folder_-_Firefox
Oh, my. I was somewhat lost in the computer language. It seems I used to understand this stuff better. Anyway, I was kind of lost and was afraid I’d do something to really screw things up, but I deleted the file. And, so far, it seems to be working. Thanks, doc!

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~