Vista is getting replaced in the fall for a reason according to my computer guru neighbor [he owns a computer store and has a radio call in show]. He's been running Beta versions of the new Windows and likes it a lot more.

Malu - my Acer had been doing that since last summer - but all the time, while using it, when sitting on the table not in use, all the time. Turning Windows Defender off helped. I finally gave it to my neighbor who couldn't figure out what was wrong with it. He sent it to Acer who fixed it and sent it back - it's supposed to get to the store today but with our nasty weather I don't think he went in today so I doubt I'll get it back frown . It's been gone for a month total now frown [he had it for a week, Acer's had it for two - guess they were running behind - and now it's halfway through week four]. One of his employees called on it on Friday and they said it had shipped but didn't tell him what was wrong with it. When I find out, I'll let you know in case it might help you.

Good luck!
Carol