"Integrity comes from love?" Lois asked, her expression doubtful.

"Where else? Integrity comes when you love yourself enough to do what's right, even if you have to face consequences."
You know... I need to start making a quotable quotes page... there are tons of these little gems so far and this is just one of them, Shayne. smile

It took Clark a moment to realize that his thumb was moving slowly over Lois's hand as he looked her in the eye.
Oooh... got a little shiver there!

Unaccountably, Clark Kent flushed. “I’ve dated, sure. I just haven’t ever been in love.”
Awww!! So endearing, so Clark!

Clark seemed to consider the question seriously for a moment. “I’m not sure I’m willing to go that far…but I do believe that the number of people with whom we can find true, lasting love is really limited.”
Har! I'm sure Wendy loves you for that one! wink Nixing the soulmates thing. But it works, and I like it. laugh

He was too accommodating. Lois wondered what he’d do if she asked him to drop everything right at the moment. After the amount he’d spent on dinner, most men would be irritated to say the least at the prospect of leaving most of it on the table uneaten.

She didn’t ask, however. She was still hungry, and the food suddenly tasted really good.
And Clark would do it in a heartbeat. wink

He glanced over at the woman beside him. It had been worth it though. He hadn’t been sure, at first, but the longer they’d talked the more certain he’d become. She was the one.
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW (Sorry, "w" key got stuck blush )

When he was with her, he could ignore the horrible odor of the cab, the fumes from the street, the cries of countless people across the city shouting and laughing, loving and dying. When he was with Lois Lane, the world seemed to shrink until only he and she existed.
Ack!! Gah! You got me straight through the heart with that one... twice! Once with the bolded part... you reminded me that he's not Superman and he does have to listen to people dying... Then you comeback and make it better. She's his escape from all that he has to endure. Again... am I over-analyzing? Just ignore me if I am. goofy

Touching her was a privilege and a gift, and somehow, holding hands with Lois Lane felt more intimate than all the evenings he’d spent in Milan and Paris.
Wowie!! *happy sigh*

Clark, of course, could hear the pounding beat of the music already, and he grimaced. Listening to loud, painful music wasn’t his favorite experience; it was almost infinitely louder for him than it was for anyone else, and it left him feeling off balance.
Awwww!! And great touch, Shayne! We keep learning little by little just how this Clark is.

Clark recognized several of the tattoos on Lucy’s date as being prison issue, made by amateur tatooists using needles made from sharpened staples and home brewed ink. Clark hadn’t spent any time in prison, but he’d had foster siblings who had, and he knew that the tattoo patterns spelled out nothing but trouble.
Eeeps!! And there you go again with those multi-purpose sentences! Clark's foster homes were less than suitable. frown

Lois had obviously seen the same thing Clark had, and come to the same conclusion. Lucy had been drugged.
Eeep! Poor Lucy!! frown

“Take your hands off her,” Clark said quietly. “Or I’ll do it for you.”
Good!! And even better that he said it quietly. It's so much more of a threat that way.

And here we reach both the point where Sara's caught up with current postings, and also where she doesn't remember much of what comes after this. So... only new and exciting stuff from here on out. wink (Though I'm sure I'll remember bits here and there laugh )

Sara (looking forward to the next part!)

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.