So, I had to jump on here about this (before you yell at me, just know that it's the weekend and I can't do my homework yet because I needed to re-download the programs so HA! :p )

Anyways. So I was catching up on all my feeds and such, and I came across all these fact cards from You-know-you're-from-California-when.tumblr.com (lousy website, but tons of funny stuff). Some of it's more true than others but in general, I was still surprised at how many of the "stereotypes" hold true. For example:

- 70 mph is considered slow on the freeway. (Because it is. If I have to touch my brakes because some idiot thinks the speed limit is actually 65, mad Also, I'm working on my road rage. laugh )

- You say "hella/hecka" (which I realize is a strictly Norcal/Bay Area thing, but very true)

- You say "P.E." instead of "Gym" (which I never realized was true until now)

- You turn right on red

- In-N-Out

Everyday things that I don't even consider as strange but apparently are very specific. SO, this got me thinking about the rest of the country/world. Are there any specific traits/behaviors that might stand out about where you live? What are you known for? Also would be a good resource for writing to know the areas. Metropolis is like the equivalent of NYC (in my mind), so what would be the ideas for there?

Just a thought.

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain