Mickey Mouse does indeed rock, Virginia. wink

I never lived in SoCal, but I've stayed down there long enough that I may as well have. :p

So far what everyone else has said covers just about everything. Anaheim and L.A. aren't exactly in the same place, and keep close in mind that EVERYTHING takes about 30 minutes to an hour to get around in the greater Los Angeles area. Minimum. Keep in mind traffic is always rough, so plan accordingly.

Depending on where exactly you are staying changes what you should do. Disneyland is always fun (and FYI DL is always open 365 days a year. The only time it's restricted is if you have a certain kind of season pass). I agree it's not the most thrilling amusement park for teenagers, but the atmosphere itself is always a blast and it's definitely worth seeing if you've never been. Personally, I love Disneyland (both parks-- I've been more times than I can count) and I'm quite the Disney fanatic (I know more about Disney than I do about Superman, and that's saying something). But it's not always for everyone. I personally am not a huge fan of Universal Studios, but it is really cool. Magic Mountain is the best park for straight up rides, but I'm guessing that's on the other side of where you're gonna be at (plus they've got a Superman ride and the new Lex Luthor: Drop of Doom!). smile1 One other DL warning-- while November is technically the off season, you might be cutting it a little close to Thanksgiving break, but I still think you'll be fine. Nowhere near as bad as summer (just don't go then). Another warning: expensive!! Depending on where you're staying, it's really pricey. Because I've got it on lock in my memory, 3-day parkhopper passes with hotel and food is about $2000 for 3 people. (Although that might be including gas for my drive down and my brother eats a LOT.) But I don't mean to scare you, because it's worth it.

I always say the beach is a great option. Weather might be iffy, but honestly the weather's usually not too bad down there, so it's nice. Plus I love the ocean in the rain. smile

Otherwise, I totally recommend the more tourist-y side of Hollywood. The walk of fame, Chinese and El Capitan theatres, etc. Getty Museum is awesome. Maybe hit up a live show (not a tv one, but like a dinner and a show one-- "Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show" or Medieval Times shows, very fun for the whole family). Maybe check to see if they're taping a session of Jimmy Kimmel or some late night comedians. There's probably not any baseball going on right now, because we're out of season. LA Opera, Walt Disney Concert Hall....

Also, you can get all kinds of food. My suggestion is Mexican or Sushi. Although if you're looking for cheap fast food go to In-n-Out for a burger (Tommy's is all right too) for a west-coast-only chain. I'm sure there's more but none that I can think of off the top of my head.

Honestly, LA is just like any other big city. There's tons to do, just have fun!! laugh Enjoy your trip!

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain