Just saw 'Star Trek: Into the Darkness' tonight and have to say it was pretty good. My hubby actually thought it was better than the last one, which we both universally loved. Two good movies in two weeks. If this is how my summer is shaping up, I'm going to have to say thumbsup (sadly, I doubt I'll get back to the cinema for another 4-6 months with my luck, although we might go see Despicable Me 2 for my son's birthday. Monster U just doesn't look like a kids' movie to me).

Saw previews for:
o - Pacific Rim (I'll pass, looks both expensive and bad)
o - Grown-Ups 2 (really? They spent money on this?) :rolleyes:
o - The Lone Ranger (it looked better before I saw the longer trailer)
o - World War Z (okay, I didn't see this trailer in the theatre but as we were trying to pick which movie to go see tonight. I still wouldn't pay to watch it... looks pretty freaky eek )
o - Hunger Games 2 (didn't want to watch Hunger Games 1, and this convinces me I made the right decision).

clap It looks I lucked out and saw the two good movies of the summer! MoS and ST:Into Darkness dance On a sad note, if this is the trend for summer movies, there won't be any cities left unscathed by Sept. 1 - First Metropolis and now San Fran (or I guess, the other way around, since ST came out a month ago). I'm guessing, Iron Man 3 did a number on NY, too.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.