Originally posted by IolantheAlias:
Mostly they are monster stories told from the monster's POV. The humans ALWAYS (with one exception) get eaten.
You know, this could be an excellent plotbunny!

--Who is the monster? (I was just thinking of AntiKryptonite's excellent fic, Man Or Monster .) The answer is very debatable.
With the last one with the mad scientist, I'll have to agree. With the other ones, the victims usually were hapless people surfing, lying on the beach, or in their boat prior to becoming the monster's meal. (Hmmmm. Just realized most of his monsters come from the sea.)

--- Who was the exception that didn't get eaten? And why?
I don't have that story right in front of me but if I can recall correctly it was a Godzilla type monster who attacked NYC and bit off the top of the Empire State Building, but then decided to befriend 3 boys on the street who were nice to him (because they liked monsters) and they went off together to have ice cream and lived happily ever after. laugh

---Is the getting eaten only physical, or could it be mental or spiritual too?
He's 6, so everything is literal. Very bloody, very gutsy, with the victims' bones/skeletons (and sometimes pants) being spit out at the end.

Virginia, your kid is taking after you in making statements that really make me think about background and backstory!
laugh Thanks. He is a bit of a dark character. You should see him in his SM costume*, though, he can light up the room with his 1000 watt smile.

*BTW: SM Costume not supplied by me. He received it from a classmate on his last birthday. Henry Cavill will have stiff competition in 20 years. wink

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.