It is to be expected that those who frequent these boards would be, lets say, not entirely in favor of some of the changes being made to our iconic character.

But to be fair, how many folcs who play here actually buy Superman comic books?

As was mentioned, it's all about the dollars.
Superman has not been selling that well for years. Mature adults are not considered the primary audience for SuperHero comic books. It's all about who they feel 'should' be their demographics.

One of the 'problems' that keeps getting trotted out is the idea that books with numbers like Action 800 on them are too intimidating to 'new' readers. They feel they would have no chance to be able to understand so much prior continuity.

So, you reboot and renumber the books making new readers think that they are in at the beginning of something NEW! And the older readers will stay on board because they are fans of the character and are still interested in stories concerning them.

I'm not thrilled with some of what I've heard so far, but I will give it a shot. Worst case scenario is that I save a few bucks and hope that the gentle writers here produce more stories for me to enjoy.

Tank (who wonders, with the new Clarkless Lois, if we'll get to see the eventual building of a new relationship or just a lot of Lois vs. Clark in the world of news reporting)