What LabRat said... these days, keeping this place in order is exceptionally easy because all our members keep themselves in order. I'll delete a double-post if someone asks, but mostly I just read.

Mind you, 8 years ago, it was a little trickier -- though still not as hard as we'd feared. Since these boards were opened as part of a fandom split, we were worried that the fighting might follow us. So we instituted a very strict no flame-wars policy. I think we were called fascists once or twice devil but it paid off...nothing got out of hand, and the people who were inclined to start trouble quit trying. Not that there were that many mischief-makers anyway.

But that's one of the reasons these boards are so nice now -- flame wars aren't tolerated. And, again, it's been 7 years or so since anyone tried.

Mostly, though, we just have really really nice board members smile and as admins, we appreciate that!

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K