A note: If we do not have more sign-ups by the end of today (Thursday), I may be forced to cancel this year's card exchange. The turnout thus far has been disappointing, so if you are interested, please send in your info ASAP. Thanks!

[img]http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b7cf32b3127ccec2ce72e336a400000010O01SYs2TdmxB7efAg/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/[/img]

Welcome to October -- right around the corner from the holiday season! (And, I just noticed, I posted about SF on the same day last year, so just call me organized.)

Anyway, I am posting to start tapping interest in Secret FoLC for 2010. This is my fourth year organizing this event, and it has been a lot of fun.

Here's how it works: Anyone who wants to participate will e-mail me their name, address and name on the board. (As for the address, no one but me -- and the person sending to you -- will see it, and trust me, I have better things to do than stalk people.) I will draw names out of a pink hat or something and assign everyone a name, and you will send a HOLIDAY CARD to your Secret FoLC.

It is a lot of fun, and it would be cool to continue to spread worldwide holiday cheer through this fabulous fandom. Doing cards instead of gifts makes it more financially feasible, too.

The reason I am starting sign-ups now is because cards going overseas naturally arrive slower than those being mailed inter-continentally, and with the holiday delay, some people have not gotten their cards until after Christmas, or even New Year's Eve. Last year we got rolling around the same time and it seemed to work much better than before.

Therefore, if people want to do it again this year, all assignments will be out by Nov. 13, and that gives people ample time to both sign up and send their cards. Sign-ups will close on Nov. 11 and cards should be sent at your discretion depending on where your recipient lives.

I really hope people will want to participate again this year. It is a lot of fun to get a card from somewhere else in the world, and the more, the merrier!

So if you have any interest, post here, send me an email at secretfolcs@gmail.com, and we'll go from there.

Jenn
aka Pinky Claus

Clark: "You don't even know the meaning of the word 'humility,' do you?"

Lois: "Never had a need to find out its meaning."

"Curiosity... The Continuing Saga"